An epoxy ester coating containing a high level of zinc to give galvanic corrosion protection to steel surfaces.
ZINK 62 forms an active galvanic anti-corrosion film. The metal powdered coating acts as a “sacrificial coating”. The zinc is slowly converted by corrosive media into a water-insoluble zinc oxide coating; this process and the coating which is formed protect the base material from further attack. Zink 62 is still active even when there are cracks in the lacquer coating.
- The unusual ratio between binder and the high purity zinc results in a combination of high mechanical strength and long lasting anti-corrosion properties even if the coating gets damaged.
- Zink 62 does not contain chlorinated nor organic solvents and is lead- and chromate-free.
- Surfaces coated with Zink 62 can be electrically welded and re-coated easily.
- KONTAKT CHEMIE Zink 62 is used as a protective paint for steel constructions, particularly for the improvement of galvanised surfaces.
- Surfaces treated with KONTAKT CHEMIE Zink 62 can be electrically welded without difficulty.
- The product is suitable therefore as corrosion protection for parts which become inaccessible after they have been fitted.
Content: 200 ml